2008年8月11日 星期一

People practicing kung fu in campus

Finally, I started doing some excise today. I went jogging around campus. Because  I haven't workout since I attended USA, I seemed to be sick. At 5:30, I left my apartment. I started running at Fifth & Clark St. and than passed by engineering library, Union, auditorium & agriculture  collage. I slowed down my speed near agriculture collage and was ready to turn back home. As soon as I  was about to leave, I saw a person practicing kung fu. Surprised, I went to him and ask him about it. He was a Taiwanese with  not-so-fluent Mandarin. His Father is a diplomatic officer so he spent most of his time in USA but not in Taiwan.

The Kung Fu he were practicing is 北少林拳 and he studied that under an American teacher. In fact, it's a registered student organization, kung fu club, in UIUC. I am not interested in 北少林拳, though, I will take a look at it.

After the conversation with him, I left and passed by the under-graduated library. Actually, I have been looking for that for a long time because I want to borrow some DVD in there. It seems that the library is built in memory of president James of US of American. Some of his words is  carved around the top of the patio. I found this building interesting because it is built totally underground. The only portion above ground is its entrance. I guess it is because that this library is for "under"-graduated students, it is then built to be "under"-grounded.

0 意見: