2008年11月5日 星期三

A letter to the manager of ARC

( I went playing badminton tonight and peculiarly the racket borrowed from ARC went broken. I was told that I would be charged for this. So, I wrote this letter to the manager. The points is so strong that if I were the manager, I would be convinced.)

Miss Pettigrew,

My name is Wei-Ying Chen. I went to ARC on Wednesday night and borrowed a badminton racket.
The badminton was broken when I was using it.
I was told that I will be charged.

I think that's not my fault.
First of all, I used the racket appropriately. I did not do anything brutal like knocking the ground. All I did is regular waving the racket in air to catch the ball. It's during the motion I waved it in air when it suddenly broke and twisted. Although even I can hardly imagine, it did happen.

Secondly, there was already a deep crack at the bottom of the ring before I borrowed it and I believe it is the reason to its failure. I have noticed that for a long time because I borrow rackets every saturday afternoon. I borrowed this kind of defected rackets several times and they never went broken this way. So, I didn't expect it to break this time, either.

Maybe I should return this defected racket and borrow a new one immediately in service center in the first place. But I think ARC is also responsible not to lend students this kind of 99%-already-broken rackets. It's really not fair to the last 1%-to-break user.

The above is my explanation and I hope you could understand.

Best,

Wei-Ying

0 意見: