2008年9月26日 星期五

Trip in Chicago

    I had a trip in Chicago. However, not today, not yesterday, it's on Labor's Day, which is about one month ago. I had been too busy to write about that since I got back. Now, I have sometime because one of my course is over. On the other hand, I would feel sorry for Chicago if I don't write something about it. No matter how, I did write one trip article about Indianapolis, why not Chicago?

    Getting straight, I love Chicago.

     

    Those days, I visited two museum, Art institute of Chicago and Field museum. Those two museums are both excellent ones. Collections there hold a great quantity and quality. I like Art institute of Chicago even more. Although fascinated, after one hour looking around I felt sleepy  and extremely needed a cup of coffee even though the museum itself, as I said, was undoubtedly awesome. I guess next time I visiting these museums I would have to change my strategy. Firstly, have a cup of coffee before entering the museum. Secondly, take note when appreciating collections so that I can keep concentrated. 

    Along the Michigan Lake shore, there are a lot of huge parks. Among them, Millennium Park is the most famous  one. The design of the park is indeed eye-attracting. Northern to Chicago downtown, there is a zoo in Lincoln Park. Actually, it's my favorite of this trip. It's free. It's nice and it's open everyday. The one that impressed me most is two north-pole bears. It is designed so good that visitors can watch bears swim directly to them. One thing interesting is that when I was thinking about the reason pole-bears swim to visitors back-and-forth again and again is out of having fun with visitors, a little boy asked his mother whether bears were trying to scare people away.


    Night in Chicago is also fun. We watched fireworks in Navy Pier on Sat. night. On Sunday night, I attended Jazz festival. Just lying down on grass casually with jazz around you. I really enjoyed it. I hope I can come again next year.

0 意見: